I've got three of my Perl projects from my CVS repo running under BuildBot now, and it's all working, except email notification of build status - no email is getting to the mail server, and i have yet to learn how to debug that.
When I commit a change to my CVS repository for one of these projects that kicks off a build on one or more build slaves, which checks out the latest code, and runs all the unit tests. The build master shows the results in a web page.
I've got about 9.5 hours into it, (out of an initial estimate of 12) include various yak-shaving activities.
For now I have the build status pages for the three projects at:
- Perl-Metrics-Simple - Building using both MakeMaker and Module::Build. This distro provides modules for a utility program to count lines, packages, subs and complexity of Perl files.
- DBIx-Wrapper-VerySimple - Simplify use of DBI.
- Text-TagTemplate - Lightweight flexible template parsing module.
2007-12-29 update: Starting to add notes to the Perl-QA Wiki.
2008-01-06 update: The email issue was caused by a typo in my master.cfg file.
subject='%(builder) BUILD STATUS',WRONG
subject='%(builder)s BUILD STATUS',CORRECT
Note the missing 's' after the closing parenthesis - it is part of a Python extended printf statement.
Also, I have now added a fourth buildmaster which builds the Parrot project. All my buildbot configurations are now at: http://www.eigenstate.net/buildbot/masters.html
2008-01-17 update: The open source webkit project uses buildbot - you can see their build status at http://build.webkit.org/